PLA Membership Application
WHAT IS PLA
The Pennsylvania Livestock Association is governed by an elected Board of Directors representing livestock producers and breeders, Allied Industries such as feed manufacturing, livestock marketing, and meat packing - The PA Department of Agriculture - The PA State University College of Agriculture, University of PA New Bolton Center, Delaware Valley College of Science and Agriculture, and others interested in the livestock industry.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide a structure that can represent the total livestock industry at the state level.
- To provide a structure that will encourage cooperation between the Livestock Industry and any other Agricultural Organizations or associations in matters of mutual interest-education, promotion, research, and legislation.
- To develop future leadership in agriculture by encouraging and supporting youth activities.
- To provide a structure that will encourage a close working relationship with government agencies and educational institutions for improving the livestock industry.
- To encourage and support education and research programs related to the livestock industry.
- To provide a communication link between other state livestock and allied industry groups.
- To encourage activities to provide better understanding between the consumer and the livestock industry.
TEN OUTSTANDING MEMBER BENEFITS
- An Informative Newsletter
- Governmental Monitoring
- Leadership Oppertunities
- Spokesman for the Industry
- Major Youth Program
- Membership Certificate
- Farm Show Representative
- Education and Research
- Primary Sponsor of the Keystone International Livestock Exposition
PLA Membership Application (PDF)